a simple profibus network with ET200s

hamidabbasi

dear friend
we want to make a simple profibus network in our university so we just bought these moudles
CP 342-5(6GK7342-5DA02-0XE0)
IM 151-1 standard(6ES7 151-1aa03-0AB0)
PM-E (6ES7 138-4CA00-0AA0)
4 DI(6ES7 131-4BD00-0AA0)
4 DO(6ES7 132-4BD00-0AA0)
I guss we should have ordered some other part or moudle or rail for assemble my remote staition becouse digital inputs and outputs don't match to IM151-1.
what do you recommend ?which parts we should buy?
which cable do you suggest?we should buy siemens cable or can we match another cable for it(which impedance and other technical data)
thank you.

You also need the TM or terminal modules to mount the modules onto.
Look for the TM-E and TM-P, because you will need a different one for the power module.

I'd use Siemens profi cable mate if I was you. I've used alternatives for ASI networks but have always found that Profibus tends to get snotty if you don't use the proper gear.

Profibus is also incredibly sensitive so make sure you earth and bond everything.

As for your hardware dilemma, the place you got the stuff off should have steered you in the right direction really. Whenever I'm doing a job that I'm not sure of, I phone Parmley Graham, give them the specs of the job and they basically tell me what I need...

Good luck...

:)