Anyone used a 4K monitor with any SCADA yet?

jtn

Wonderware told us that they are not fully compatible with it yet. They were a little vague, I got the feeling that it may be fine but that they have not fully tested it yet and don't want to commit that there won't be nay problems. That was my take on the dance, not what they said. Has anyone used this technology with a SCADA package yet?

Thought about one for my desk!

I don't see the advantage to them for a SCADA, unless you're trying to replace a multi-monitor setup with a single one. Usually if you want a big monitor like a TV, it's going to hang up for all to see, which means all the objects need to be large for viewing. Granted, a control room "video-wall" type application it might be nice.

InTouch has always been a hassle when it comes to resolutions anyway. Having the application stretch InTouch windows never gives great results.

I can't see why the type of display would matter. It's the computer that handles the display.

Unless you are referring to something like a pixel count and WW is locking you into a max resolution that is below what the 4K monitor can display.

OG