Migration to a new computer Rsview32

Kristian

Hello, I have an rsview32 application running with winxp an older pc, the aplication runs with no problem rslinx works fine, we are having troubles with the pc so decide to migrate the application to a new one pc.

The problem is whe tried to comunicate the rsview32 application's in the new pc there is not comunication between rsview32 application and rslinks.

Rslinxs configuration is the same as the older pc, in fact rslinxs in the new pc exist a comunication.

As you can see the image "linx" is Rslinx in the new pc there are comunication between both.

The image "comunicacion" is the aplication in the new pc, that application I copied from the oldest pc, and i paste in the same directions.

The version for Rsview32 is the same in both pc.

Thanks in advance.

Linx.jpg comunicacion.jpg

the "camera" screen shots that you posted aren't clear enough to read (at least for my tired old eyes) - and they don't show enough of the screen to get the details ...

check the TITLE BAR at the very top of the new RSLinx window ... does it mention the word "Lite" anywhere in the title? ...

here's my GUESS ...

if the version of RSLinx is "Lite" then it will make communications for PROGRAMMING purposes only ... to do anything else, you'll need a version which is better than "Lite" ... in many cases, the customer has already paid for something better than "Lite" - but if the RSLinx license that they paid for hasn't been properly "activated" (on the NEW computer) - then the RSLinx will run only in the "Lite" mode ... in that case, it CAN communicate with the PLC, etc. - but only for PROGRAMMING purposes (for RSLogix, etc.) ... but it will NOT allow you to do HMI/SCADA (RSView32, etc.) connections ...

suggestion:

if this doesn't solve your problem, post again - and use "screen shots" - not CAMERA shots - to show us what's going on ...

Have you configured rslinx (shortcut)?, I guess you made a backup of old program and reinstalled it in new computer.
You did not mention what operating system you are using. are you sure your version of rsview is compatible with new operating system.

Hi Kristian,

is the new PC Win7?
Did you open Rsview32 as Administrator? I know there is a problem
if RsView runs as limited user.

Best regards,
crawler009

the "camera" screen shots that you posted aren't clear enough to read (at least for my tired old eyes) - and they don't show enough of the screen to get the details ...

check the TITLE BAR at the very top of the new RSLinx window ... does it mention the word "Lite" anywhere in the title? ...

here's my GUESS ...

if the version of RSLinx is "Lite" then it will make communications for PROGRAMMING purposes only ... to do anything else, you'll need a version which is better than "Lite" ... in many cases, the customer has already paid for something better than "Lite" - but if the RSLinx license that they paid for hasn't been properly "activated" (on the NEW computer) - then the RSLinx will run only in the "Lite" mode ... in that case, it CAN communicate with the PLC, etc. - but only for PROGRAMMING purposes (for RSLogix, etc.) ... but it will NOT allow you to do HMI/SCADA (RSView32, etc.) connections ...

suggestion:

if this doesn't solve your problem, post again - and use "screen shots" - not CAMERA shots - to show us what's going on ...

Got it Ron i had trouble with the license, thanks.