Windows XP embedded instead of Windows CE

Handcraftedsince87

Lifetime Supporting Member
Im looking at buying a Maple HMI612H-001 HMI and am wanting to run the advanced HMI software. Im a little confused if I can make this work with the windows ce that is on the HMI Im looking to buy, or if its possible to load windows xp embedded instead on the maple HMI. I didn't have any luck with my gugle-fu and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Dan

You want to try to get a Windows 7 machine if possible. AdvancedHMI will not run on Windows CE. Currently AdvancedHMI is based on .NET 4.0, but future versions may be based on .NET 4.5 which is not compatible with XP.

I run everything on Windows 7 Professional. I usually recommend IVC displays, but we are in the process of selling fully configured and tested systems for AdvancedHMI on the web site.