Red Lion G304K2 - "Error: unable to open firmware file"

Jimmyqr

Hi all

I am trying to upload a database to a brand new one of these, using latest crimson 3 software.. this is the first time i've used one of these so everything's just been downloaded from scratch.

While it seems to be communicating OK, it stops with the error:

Error: Unable to open Firmware File

This happens just after it reboots the device, so a few seconds after hitting send.

I am not sure if it's trying to open a local file to update, or the firmware on the unit, but i've tried everything I can think of:

*Running as administrator (win 7)

*Creating a fresh new empty database , and trying to upload that instead

*Database clear (was brand new and empty anyway)

I'm about to go out to site and try to upload (extract) the DB out of the smaahed one I'm replacing (still runs but touchscrene smashed) but if anyone has any ideas would be greatly appreciated

THANKS!

OK so it turned out the existing database was 304K not K2!

New problem now though. I can't communicate with it at all once I've downloaded a database. Once it's booted and executing, that's it. Yet I see no way to stop execution, or prevent it starting up.

Anyone know what i'm missing? :confused:

On the G304k2 you have to have a way in the database to call the StopSystem() function.Otherwise you have to clear the database on start up.