Trouble with Prosoft Configuration

WGB

Hi Everybody,

I am attempting to get a functional connection between an Allen Bradley 1769-L30ERM and a DP/DP Coupler (700-158-0AD01).

The go-between is a ProSoft MVI69-PDPMV1.

I have worked with Profibus before, but not extensively, and never with a network coupler. I have spent a good deal of time on the phone with both ProSoft and Siemens at this point to no avail.

So far the Prosoft Module is up and running, I have verified the cabling by means of connecting to an older model DP Coupler with the same cabling.
I am using the current (Release 2) GSD file which I downloaded from Siemens. It seems as though the GSD file may be incorrect. The errors are indicating that "The configured station type is inconsistent
with the DP/DP Coupler". I tested a configuration utilizing the Rel.Ax GSD file (next most recent) which did not help.

I have limited connection to the coupler via the ProSoft online diagnostics. I have attached a couple screen shots from the diagnostics screens.

Thanks for looking.

Will

*edited: the file titled "Screenshots1" cuts off the image, Screenshots1.5 corrects this.

Last edited:
Ok, in a rush to get this up and running I have missed an important aspect of the hardware being used in the panel we received ...

Despite looking in almost every way like a Siemens DP/DP Coupler (right down to the color scheme, dip switches, diagnostic LEDs etc..), the device this panel is using is actually not manufactured by Siemens, but by another manufacturer I am not familiar with. I was fooled by it being smashed up against a Siemens PLC and tons of other Siemens gear... it never dawned on me that it might not be Siemens.

Lesson (reminder) to me.

I imagine securing the proper GSD file for this unit (not the Siemens equivalent) will go a long way toward getting things up and running.:oops:

Thanks