Belden 9841 - Appropriate for analog signal?

bimmersix

Hey everyone.

I need just about 10 feet of twisted pair shielded cable for a 4-20mA sensor that will be connected to a Koyo Click PLC.

I have a fair amount of extra Belden 9841. I purchased it as it was recommended for RS-485 comms, which is what I am using it for. Think there would be any issue in using it for analog too? I understand how analog sensors work but the cabling/shielding/grounding complexity is not something I'm completely confident in yet.

Specs are for the cable: twisted pair, 24AWG conductors with polyethylene insulation, overall foil shield and tinned copper braid shield with 24AWG tinned copper drain wire, chrome gray PVC jacket, UL cable type CM/CL2 and AWM style 2919.

Thanks!

Similar Topics

Can someone help me with the Belden cable # commonly used with 0-10 and 4-20 analog I/O? The cable that has the 3 conductor Blue, Brown, Black...
Replies
Views
I am wiring a machine that has 2 VFD’s and using belden non armored VFD cable per spec. Does this have to run in cable tray or can it be pulled...
Replies
Views
I'm adding several Lumberg (Belden) IO-Link master modules to a project in RSLogix 5000, and working through the data mapping. The manual...
Replies
Views
I have a question, should you use fuses for all your outputs including analog? Also how should you size your fuses , just based off of your...
Replies
Views
Belden Rev Connect. I have it, and must say, I love the system. It almost makes terminating Ethernet copper a pleasure. Okay, the connectors...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom