Regarding Quantum series OS loader v2.3 downloading

pravingk

Hi PLC Experts,

I am working on Quantum series PLC 140cpu67160 having unityproXL 2.3 , OS Loader 2.3 and firmware v2.3.Due to power supply failure and no battery backup my one PLC cpu get damaged.Now I changed my faulty PLC cpu with same model 140cpu67160 but having firmware 2.2.I have a problem for downloading i.e when I start connecting to new plc cpu is not getting connected,giving message"compability level checked fail".Due to mismatch of firmware version it is not allowing ,so I upload OS loader from other running plc cpu and try to download to the new plc cpu but OS loader access right is not allowing to download, showing access right read only.Tell me how to reset the password or access right of OS loader?

Pravin

So you've pulled the OS from the newer one and are trying to download it to the older unit?

I've only ever done two OS changes and that was a while ago.

I thought OSloader came with all previous OS images on disk? You would be better off using a fresh 2.3 image instead of one extracted from the running CPU. I'm surprised it would even let you do that without stopping the processor.

There are pretty good guides on the OSloader CD on the correct sequence of actions for upgrading or downgrading an os. Well there was on the unity 6.0 version anyway.

I'd also suggest it's time for an upgrade to the latest Unity. .. 2.3 is ancient. It's expensive, but still cheaper than ABs software!