setting a coil with modsoft

shurikm

Hi i am starting to learn PLCs. i have a quantum modicon (Electric Schnieder) PLC and i am using modsoft.

i would like to know how can i set and reset a an individual digital coil?

there is not SBIT or RBIT option here..

thanks in advance

The old Schnieder Modsoft (LMODSOFT) had a (L) or LATCH relay. Maybe the new version uses Latch and Unlatch.

thanks for your reply,
as far as i understand, the latch here used for setting a coil permanently so it will be energized even after the PLC is powered off and then on.

it's not what i am looking for..

thanks again for reply

Most PLC latch functions work through a power outage, but you can still use them as temporary latches if there is also an Unlatch function provided in the software. Latch a bit ON when you need it, then Unlatch the same bit when you do not need it to be ON.

thanks for your reply,
as far as i understand, the latch here used for setting a coil permanently so it will be energized even after the PLC is powered off and then on.

it's not what i am looking for..

thanks again for reply

Latch functions are typically not memory retentive through a power outage. I don't think that they are in Quantum PLCs.

A 'latched' -(L)- coil in a Modicon Quantum is not a SET/RESET coil but one that retains its previous state for one scan after power is restored to the controller.

Latch functions are typically not memory retentive through a power outage.
It must depend on the brand. I know that the Latch and the Retentive Timer in the Allen Bradley PLC5, SLC 500, and MicroLogix PLCs are all retentive. If power is lost or the PLC switched from RUN to PROGRAM, the bit will still be ON when power is restored and mode is switched to RUN.

There are many other PLC models and brands that have the same characteristics. In some models, only bits in certain address ranges are retentive (regardless of the instruction used).