Unicode and ControlLogix

CapinWinky

I need to implement user log in and logging of user actions in Chinese. The HMI side is fine, since FactoryTalk seems to support Unicode decently well, but there appears to be zero unicode support in Studio 5000 / ControlLogix. I'm used to simply handling the strings and file writes on the PLC and it looks this won't work on AB. A lot of platforms don't support WSTRING data type and require you to use an array of INT to work with Unicode, but I'm struggling to figure out how to get the string from the HMI to an INT array.

How would I go about saving a unicode string entered on a FactoryTalk HMI to a file on the SD card. I'm less concerned about the file saving (although the sample project from Rockwell looks ominous) because I'm confident once I get the characters into an INT array, I can slap together a unicode text file. It's getting the string out of the HMI and into an INT array that looks to be the major hurdle.