Alarm Mute

toddster900

Hi All

I am using several words to manage alarms in a FTView ME application along with a CompacLogix PLC. I need to activate a sounder on an active alarm with the ability to mute the sounder for a pre-defined period of time but also for the sounder to reactivate if any more alarms become active during the muted period.

I am reasonably new to PLC but have got some code that seems to work as per below. However I am slightly concerned there may be something I am missing that is going to cause future problems. In particular the latching and unlatching.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

AlarmMute.jpg

I checked it out and unless i am misunderstanding you and i may be. This code does work. When an Alarm happens your NEQ goes true and OTL Latches then you MOV ALM into ALM_LastScan. Your TMR_Mute will allready be DN. So the OTE Alarm_Sounder goes True. Operator will silence the Alarm and wait 20 sec to reactivate Alarm_Sounder. If your NEQ goes true again during the 20 secs the Alarm_Sounder will reactivate.

Like i said i may have misunderstood what you wanted.

Thanks for the response!

Yes this is what I require. I wan to mute the sounder for time X OR until a new alarm is activated. I was just concerned that I was missing some future trouble with the latch and unlatch.