red lion complex code entry

David Korenke

The tag code is c09==0 && Code009==0 and it works, it means the statement is true. How to add a second code009f in, a either/or situation. As long as there is a code in one of the two positions then the statement will be true.

Use the || operator for or logic. I would be weary of putting too complex a logic operator in for the simple fact that it can be difficult to understand by a third party. I would recommend making a program using nested if else statements. You can comment the program easily and call the program in the general binding of the tag.

you can also define the tag as "complex" and define your conditions in the code. dont forget to use "return" to set the value to your tag

Similar Topics

Yes it's very legacy.. but sometimes it's necessary to use old stuff for fun.. and because it's so much cheaper. Crimson 3.0 had the ability to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am fairly new to programming HMI's and am working with Crimson 3.1 for the first time. I am trying to recreate an annunciator of...
Replies
Views
I have this complex code tag that returns as a string variable. For some reason it returns the two strings with a ?? between them -- not the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have 6 RTUs all with the same program load. I am trying to setup my HMI with one set of data tags and one set of screens and use a...
Replies
Views
I am currently making a new panel for a piece of machinery we are rebuilding. I am interested in using some complex expressions to obtain the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom