Logix5000 TAG overwriting

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
In RSLogix 500 each data file has a “check the box” for “Memory Module/Download” and the checked box prevents downloads from overwriting user set points whenever the program logic is downloaded. If that exists in RSLogix 5000, I can’t find it. I searched this in the PLCtalk.net database and there are many many requests for the feature. However, I didn’t find the answer i want, which is “sure there is an easy way, it is ....”. The way i don’t like is having to purchase an RSLinks license and then do a separate TAG download with different software after I have downloaded the program. In my humble opinion, that is just stupid.:(

Narlin said:
In RSLogix 500 each data file has a “check the box” for “Memory Module/Download” and the checked box prevents downloads from overwriting user set points whenever the program logic is downloaded. If that exists in RSLogix 5000, I can’t find it. I searched this in the PLCtalk.net database and there are many many requests for the feature. However, I didn’t find the answer i want, which is “sure there is an easy way, it is ....”. The way i don’t like is having to purchase an RSLinks license and then do a separate TAG download with different software after I have downloaded the program. In my humble opinion, that is just stupid.:(

I think you are referring to the "Tag Upload Download Tool" which requires an edition of RSLinx that supports OPC communications?

“sure there is an easy way, it is ....”

...the Data Preserve Download Tool!

This preserves the controllers current tag data by uploading and creating a backup CSV file of the tag values before you download the project. It then re-downloads the tag values from the CSV file to the controller. You run from within RSLogix 5000, so no separate software or licensing...

54946 - RSLogix 5000 Data Preserve Download Tool
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George