Modicon 984 R->T Instruction

resistorboy23

I am in the process of converting a 984 program to RSlogix 5000. I have come across an instruction block called "Register-to-Table Move"

There are two outputs on the instuction. According to the manual, one is basically always ON if the enable is TRUE.

The other output is curious to me. The second output is ON when the "Pointer = table length". This is what I am uncertain of.

Currently, the instruction is moving input registers in groups of 16 to a word in memory. There is a matrix length of 6 specified, which I am guessing is a total of 6 consecutive destination words after the pointer address.

My best guess on the second output is to indicated when all the destination words have been successfully populated with the input register values. According to the manual only one word is written to every scan. That would make it six scans to accomplish moving all the data.

Can anyone verify my theory?

See attachment(page from 984 manual).

SOURCE = 10097
Pointer to Destination Table = 40810
Table Length = #0008

Thanks for any help!

984-RT.jpg

Can anyone verify my theory?
Yes, the Output on the right "pointer = table length" will go ON when the instruction is done, when its internal Pointer has been incremented 1 time for each pass until it has done all requested Moves.