WinCCC insufficient memory error

Frikster

Hi All

i desperatly need help with WinCC

busy with a project which containts alot of data but for some reason WinCC will give me an Error for insufficient memory which does not alow me to do any tag changes, i am running on a HP micro server which has 4GB or Ram i doubt this is the problem

any help?:eek:

use windows tools to check available ram, I would just make it upto 8 gb...it is cheap to upgrade

i moved the project to an bigger machine, an I7 with 16gb of ram.

same problem occur.

from siemens tech support it sound like there might have been a c-script with an open loop that can cause this, removed all the scripts but problem still there.
đź’€

Close WinCC. Click start, run and type "reset wincc.dbs". Wait until a message box appears indicating that the reset was completed.

Start WinCC and try again. This command is used to reset WinCC due to memory issues from the WinCC package.

Destruction

I have seen 3'rd party database who allocates more and more memory in WinCC environment.
I think some destructor missing in their C-code.

This happens on multiple machines, with no 3rd party data bases, only thing i think could also be causing this is the OPC DA server, but have not gotten the error again, still manne try Roan 's jippo to see if it works.

Close WinCC. Click start, run and type "reset wincc.dbs". Wait until a message box appears indicating that the reset was completed.

Start WinCC and try again. This command is used to reset WinCC due to memory issues from the WinCC package.

I think it is ."vbs" instead of ".dbs"

the memory issue has not popped up yet, but for some or other reason i can't copy and paste come of my repeated graphics, as soon as i do it my .pdl file won't save gives me a windows response error and corrupts the /pdl file