Keyence ladder in Chinese, can I edit w/English software?

gr8benwa

setup
Clients Plc is a Keyence KV3000
my SW is KVstudio 7.0 English version.
Logic and plc in Chinese

task
Add 3 seconds (delay off timer) to electric drill outputs

problem???
I connected to the client's kv3000 and saved the logic to my laptop using KVstudio 7. 0 english. I discovered that the machine builder programmed the plc in Chinese. Obviously the comments are random ascii characters (mumbo jumbo) from the Chinese> English mismatch. Im not too worried about the comments but am more concerned about other mismatching that will cause errors or prevent the plc from executing correctly. How do you properly edit logic and reprogram a plc in this dual language scenario??

I hope someone in this forum is familiar with keyence plcs. I can usually get great advice from this forum.

Last edited:
Hello gr8benwa,
For this case, you can upload the program using KV-Studio english version, as I extract PLC program that use Japanese version, the only problem is that you will lose all the device comment.