using MSG..

beediddy

I have a small knowledge of using RSLogix 5000. I have been trying to use the MSG tool to read but can't find the path i need through ethernet. when I go to the controller I need and use a MSG tool to write i find the path I need through ethernet. Why can I find it one way and not the other?

Possibly the first "read" controller is not equipped with the heavy-duty version of RSLinx. If it does not have RSLinx Gateway or similar, then it probably can't find your path.

Are you referring to the Communication Path tab in the MSG instruction?

If that is the case, an example communication path might be:

• Where "1" tells the local controller to go to the backplane
  • Where "6" would be the slot number for a local ENET module (substitute your module slot #)
  • Where "2" would route the message out the Ethernet port
  • Where "192.168.1.10" would be the IP address of the destination Ethernet module (substitute with your correct destination IP address)
  • Where "1" would route the message to the remote chassis backplane
  • Where "0" would be the slot # of the remote destination controller (substitute with your destination cpu slot #)
OG