Connected Components Workbench

Mongoid

Hi Folks,

I have a C-More 6" panel (my first panel! yeah!) on the way and I want to try it out on this AB Micro820 PLC. I am using Connected Components Workbench to program the 820. I will have to use Modbus Mapping to accomplish this if I understand correctly. Since time variables cannot be mapped this way for either read or write, I suppose I will have to convert these variables to a REAL or INT value.

Is it possible to change the timer increments? It seems all the timers are based on milliseconds. Integer or Real conversion for a 90s timer is 90000.
This timer is a retentive timer used to measure total rotations. One of the outputs at the panel will read percent of rotation and a writable input will be Rotation time.
Dividing the Preset Time by the Elapsed Time on the retentive timer in order to get percent of rotation gives me ridiculous numbers. e.g. 90000 divided by 13334.. way too many decimal places!

Or am I showing my ignorance by going about this in the wrong way?

Any ideas are appreciated,

Mongoid

Simple conversion using the ANY to DINT function block

I apologize for the confusing post. I was just trying to drop the decimal places from a number and did not realize that converting a REAL to DINT will automatically do the trick.
I tried all kinds of convoluted stuff. I am trying to learn Connected Components Workbench with no background in anything related. I don't see a lot of info out there on CCW and I have received my biggest "epiphanies" reading and posting in this forum.

Thanks Folks

Mongoid

You realize don't you that had you used a PanelView Component HMI, you would program it in CCW as well, then just load your tags from the 820 program, right? The C-more may have been cheaper, but how much is your time worth? Just saying...