ProTool RT v6.0 that act as OPC server, how can I do it?

Valera

Your prompt reply will be very much appreciated.
Now I try to solve a task -> there is 1-PC that is connected to MPI network, there is 2-PC that is connected through LAN to 1-PC. There are ProTool configuration software and ProTool RT are installed on both PC. 2-PC must read tags through 1-PC.
I have created project is named "PC-CONTROL". First I have installed on 1-PC and I set in this project option "act as OPC server". Then I go to 2-PC, run the ProTool CS, open "PC-CONTROL" project, create new project and made OPC controller. When I created it I show to 1-PC through LAN. Then I try copy tags from "PC-CONTROL" to new project. Copy is done, then I try show to OPC server place in window of TAGS. But nothing, I get "could not establish a connection to the browser interface of the server OPC.SimaticHMI.PTPro to ASU". ASU is name of 1-PC.
What is wrong?
I believe that I will get help.

OK, I have a glance to this ID-thread.
One question (maybe it will be easy for me to understand quickly). I must have on 2-PC OPC client, is'not it? I must install this OPC client from CD or maybe I can set option for this in ProTool project?

I guess that by "OPC Client" you mean the OPC Scout. It is installed with any Simatic Net software. Other OPC softwares have similar OPC test clients and they are usually free.

And yes, install the OPC Scout it on 2-PC. Use it to test the connection from 2-PC to the OPC server (Protool) on 1-PC. If it works, then any other OPC client software on the same PC should have no problems.

edit: You can also use the OPC scout on 1-PC to see the local OPC connection.

Last edited:
OK, I have understand about scout, but what about ProTool project on 2-PC. I guess that I must create tags but how I can refer to OPC because only ProTool project on 1-PC have connection to PLCs through MPI net.

In Protool project on 2-PC, you must select the OPC protocol.
If you can browse the OPC server on 1-PC with the OPC test client on 2-PC, then you can do the same with Protool.