Drive Explorer

lifetech

I have a newer laptop that does not have a serial port and I need to have the ability to connect to powerflex drives using the drive explorer software.
I found a USB to SERIAL adaptor laying around here but it still will not connect. I thought I read somewhere that not all usb to serial adaptors will work with all AB software.
I was wondering if anyone has used an adaptor that works with Drive Explorer, and if so, what is the make and model number?

Thanks!

If you ARE using USB --> Serial converter verify your device settings in Device Manager for the COM1 port settings (Baud / Parity etc)

Bernie is right. If he has a 1203-USB then he will not need a USB-Serial device as this is a USB connection.
The older adaptor that I have does require a serial to USB device such as the Keyspan. I am not sure of the model number of that particular adaptor as my old adaptor looks like it has survived a few major wars.

Last edited: