Problem Uploading From L33ER

dhuggins88

Hello all, I have a L33ER v21.11. I am communicating via ethernet. I created some User Defined Data Types and I think that might be the source of the problem. However, when I go to upload from the controller it starts and says this

Preparing the Database..
Uploading all Data Types..
Then Failed to upload data types.

Error: Already Exists.
Error: Failed to upload data types.

Then it says failed to upload project reverting to the last saved copy of ...(my_file_name)

Can anyone help me as i have never seen this?? This is a fully functioning program no errors or faults upon download.
I can give you more info if you need it. Thanks in advance.

2h4m44i.jpg

Here is a picture of the errors. Anyone?? please??

I don't have any issues connecting to the (uploading or downloading) to the PF525s so I don't understand how that would be causing this??

I do have a few UDT that I created.. I don't know if that is hosing it up or what..

Do you have a TechConnect support agreement with Rockwell? If so, give them a call. I've never seen this, and there don't seem to by any directly related Technotes on it.

Hello all I finally found the solution to this. I had to install ALL DRIVETOOL SP DATABASE FILES. Once i did this I had to export the project to a L5K then back to an ACD file. My particular program had like 20 powerflex 525's and 753's all communicating over ethernet. Apparently there was some missing database file that was causing it to hose up on an upload. This has definitely been a booger. I apologize for bringing up an old thread but maybe someone will run into this problem down the road and find this solution helpful.

Hello all I finally found the solution to this. I had to install ALL DRIVETOOL SP DATABASE FILES. Once i did this I had to export the project to a L5K then back to an ACD file. My particular program had like 20 powerflex 525's and 753's all communicating over ethernet. Apparently there was some missing database file that was causing it to hose up on an upload. This has definitely been a booger. I apologize for bringing up an old thread but maybe someone will run into this problem down the road and find this solution helpful.

Glad you found a solution, and GLAD you posted it! This is exactly why old threads should be 'bumped'!!! Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will help someone in the future!

I had this same issue with a 2 brand new L33ER's loaded with the same project. I am using Studio 21.00.00. I could only go online with the current project. I could make edits, save, etc. If I went offline and tried to upload I received the same error shown in the picture above.

I called tech support and they, very adamantly, tried to tell me it was the whole .01 .03 version problem. I, unfortunately, am very aware of that issue but knew that this was different. I stayed on the phone until they finally put me through to their software group.

They had me export the current project as an L5K. Reimport into Studio and then go online with the controller. When I went online, it seemed as if the projects were different and I got the popup to upload or download. Strange because nothing had changed. I downloaded to the controller. Then went offline and was able to upload. I asked what happened and the person said--it must have been corrupt somehow......

Yeah, whatever that means.o_O