HC900 and finding non-zero minimum

archy

Hi,

Is there a way to find a non-zero minimum number from amongst 20 numbers in the HC900? Using the Standard Devications in the MinMaxAvg object doesn't help if all the inputs to that object go to zero.

Thanks in advance!!!!

archy

Last edited:
What are the analog variables you are monitoring?
"High Selector" to "Switch" to "MMA".

You could use a Calculations>"High Selector" to look for "X" to be = or >1 ("Y" input as constant).
If good, then X value will go to MMA block.
If value is at 0 the use YH1 output on "High Selector" to "Switch" ("Switch" Block) "High Selector" output to see AVG from MMA.

Last edited:
That's a great idea!

I solved it a different way though, but kinda similar. (And maybe I should have included a little more info in my posting.) the zero values will only be the result of a disabled sensor or a failed sensor. So, I used a comparator and a switch and if the sensor value equaled zero, replaced it with a ridiculously high value through the switch. This way, once I linked then all to MMA objects, the zeros are gone and the moin values would be legit.

Thank you very much for your input. I've learned a lot from you already in this forum!!!