1794-aent

RY_Guthrie

I am trying to configure a 1794-AENT module using Rockwell bootp interface, my leds are as follows, the module status is solid green, meaning its configured, link is flashing green, network status is blinking meaning its not connected. I have a network UN-managed switch hooked to it, my laptop and to the compact logix that I am going to connect it to. I can ping the compact logix successfully but not the AENT. Even if I connect directly to the AENT module I cant. I know I have good cables, I followed the users manual correctly I think, what am I doing wrong? Is the Aent not ping-able?

I would say anything w/ a network interface is 'ping-able'.

How are you trying to ping it if you haven't set it up yet? You can manually set the dip switches then cycle power, this should set the IP to a known 192.168.1.(dip switch)

From here you can use a web browser to configure the IP address.

I think there's a way to set bootp manually with the dip switches as well. Escaping me currently.

They are not pingable until they get an IP address and it's not clear if you did assigned an IP using the bootp or not. Be sure to also set the thumbwheel switch to an invalid # (above 254) so it would check for DHCP/BOOTP.

did you use (arp -a) in a command prompt window to double check the IP assigned to the MAC address?

Another thing to try is to set the thumbwheel to 888 and power up to reset the IP address then start over.