Daisy Chained Barcode Scanner

Nelliyan

Hi all

I just want to know whether there s any barcode scanner's that can be daisy chained like i have shown n image attached... Cause in my compact logix i can add only one I/O module now & i have 4 barcode scanners...

If any one worked in a design like this pls tell me the product name or that company name.. else i have to go for aent module( that's costly :(:( )

Thanks & Regads
Nelliyan.G

1.jpg

I would contact Datalogic - I know they have a bus system for some of the industrial units and have a pretty good selection of hand held and consumer models. I'm a Datalogic distributor but have never used any of the hand-held units.

+1 for datalogic. We have a bunch of them in master slave mode. We are talking to AB and Omron over E/IP. Easy to set up and maintain.

Hai
can i know how many scanner cane be connected in this way to a 1769_485 module.. how to fnd that ????

Regards,
Nelliyan.G

Are your scanners actually handheld? I have used Datalogic scanners on devicenet which is daisy chained, and they were pretty much bulletproof. They were the only scanner tested that could read green printed barcodes on a fairly dark brown cardboard. In 7 years, zero failures, never had to make any adjustment or changes.

Hai
can i know how many scanner cane be connected in this way to a 1769_485 module.. how to fnd that ????

Regards,
Nelliyan.G
I dont think there will be a limit as to how many, as you can individually tailor each reader the same, the module will think it is the same reader whichever one you use. And Honeywell is my shout for readers although little more expensive. We have just installed the 1911IER-3USB-5 and the operators love them, in particular the cross hair projection for target finding.