PanelView Function Keys

Victory72

I am trying to figure out how to make a new PanelView that the client has already purchased do what the client wants which it to function like their old PanelMate3 from the 1980s.

The Panelmate had 15 multistate indicators on the screen in a 3x5 grid. Beneath the panel there was a 3x5 grid of buttons which correspond to each indicator. When these buttons are pressed the possible states of the multistate indicator became visible in a column of options on the right hand side of the screen. There were 5 buttons along the right side of the PanelMate which enabled you to select a new state for the actively selected Multistate Indicator.

How can I use the F numbered buttons at the bottom of a Panelview to make visible a set of Interlock buttons to select a new state for a multistate variable and then have the Interlock buttons invisible once an option is selected? That seems possible but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Then how can I use the K numbered buttons on the side to press one of the visible Interlock buttons. The might not be possible as the Panelview buttons want to be tied to a specific button rather than be used over and over with whatever set of buttons is visible. They want to use the function buttons rather than the touchscreen.

You might try to use the F keys as usual. Use the write tag to
Latch a visibility tag then reset it when a change is made. Just
Make state 0 be invisible.