Transaction Manager and Oracle

Indiaum

Hello guys,

I've been struggling with Transaction manager and Oracle for a couple of weeks now and i'm stuck at Step 4 of Configuration Checklist in Transaction Manager.

Getting the error "Reading Permission is required on *remote computer* to perform this action"

Here's my setup:

- 2 Virtual Machines.

- (Server) 1 VM with Windows Server 2008 R2 with Oracle Database 11g and Transaction Manager 10 (just for the services).

- (Client) 1 VM with Windows 7 Professional x64 with FTView 7.0, Transaction Manager 10 (the main one), Oracle 11g Full Client, Oracle Instant Client

- Both VMs has the same user with same password and administrator privileges, i can ping each other, as well as connect with SQL Developer from Client VM.

- The error goes when i try to list the Databases (...) in Step 4 of Configuration Checklist.

i have no clue whats going on, i'm connecting with a user that has full access, even with Administrator account i get that error...heres a screenshot:

OBS: With everything in the same VM it works fine

(Sorry about my English and thank you for your attention)

Last edited:
Sounds like you may have some permissions issues in Oracle. Also verify that transaction manager supports 11G. Last implementation I did was on 10G.

Is your oracle server in house or is hosted by someone like core services, etc?

If it's hosted it could be an issue with the connection? is it a web based client connection or RDP/ICA setup?

It really needs to be a dedicated site to site VPN if it's hosted outside your corporate LAN.

Thank you very much for your reply Kid,

To be honest i know nothing about Oracle, i'm just trying to make a few tests because we have to integrate a PLC and Supervisory with an Oracle system from our client.

Sounds like you may have some permissions issues in Oracle. Also verify that transaction manager supports 11G. Last implementation I did was on 10G. ...

accordingly with the manual Transaction Manager supports Oracle from 9i through 11g

...Is your oracle server in house or is hosted by someone like core services, etc?...

It's in house, just two VMs running on my laptop.
I tried "telnet SERVER 1521" and got the blank screen.
Something strange is that even when the VM hosting the oracle database is turned off, i got the same "Read permission..." (image on first post) error on Transaction Manager.

When Transaction Manager (Configuration Server) and Oracle are in the same computer and FTView in a remote computer everything works fine.
I tried installing everything using two computers with point-to-point network instead of two virtual machines, but i had the same error.

When Transaction Manager (Configuration Server) and Oracle are in the same computer and FTView in a remote computer everything works fine.
I tried installing everything using two computers with point-to-point network instead of two virtual machines, but i had the same error.

That sounds like more of a networking issue than with the software. Maybe you are having issues with your virtual network, Isolation settings,etc.

Depends on which virtualization solution you are using.