Pressure Control Valve with RS5000 PID

Burch

Good Morning,

This may be an easy question for some...but I'll need a little guidance.

I have a project where under a particular condition I will need to force a PCV normally controlled by a PID loop to 15% open.

Under any other circumstances, the loop will control the valve.

Is there a good, clean way to do this? I guess I could think of a couple ideas, but they are not real clean in my opinion.

Thanks,

Burch

Ladder or FB version of PID?

PID: Place PID in software manual and set the output to 15%.

PIDE: Set CV Init value to 15% and set and hold the CV init request bit.

Are you holding it at 15% for some period of time or are you trying to initialize it to 15%?

Similar Topics

Second guessing myself here, need someone to either tell me I'm wrong or confirm that my thinking is correct please. I have an equal-percentage...
Replies
Views
i have separator and at this separator blowdown valve and at the downstream there is pcv (fail open) found and after that filter is found when we...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a pressure control valve and current to pressur transducer from Fisher coontrols. The problem is PLC sends the signal to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I could do with some advice on a hydraulic control system. It is necessary for me to accurately position a vertical hydraulic ram with...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a beginner and therefore have problems with M221 PLC programming. I want to program the PLC so that the pressure increases slowly (I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom