Difficulties locating a DP pointer

emmaus

Hello All,

I am beginner at Siemens S7 and I've met a problem. I need to find a location where a DB pointer is written but it seems like an impossible task.

I have tried a “go to” function, cross reference list, I've checked if it is written from the HMI. So far no luck and I've ran out of options on how to proceed.

Does any of you have any suggestions what should I try next?

Hello All,

I am beginner at Siemens S7 and I've met a problem. I need to find a location where a DB pointer is written but it seems like an impossible task.

If you cannot find it, how do you know a DB pointer is being used?

Well the problem is such: I can’t find where DB1600.DBX0.4 is written. The cross reference list reveals only where it is read in the program.

When I open the DP1600 it states that the initial value is true and so is the actual value. Is it possible that it is not written anywhere but it takes the initial value to actual value and then just stays true?