Beginner Communication question.

ivannn

How do Allen Bradley Prosoft Modbus plus communicate with Modicon PLCs? Are they connected some way just by wire or wireless communication? šŸ™ƒ

Modbus Plus is a proprietary network and requries a specific two-conductor shielded cable and specific connectors.

The big reference manual for Modbus Plus can be downloaded from Schneider:

http://www.schneider-electric.cn/downloads//85257689000007EE/All/B1F7510F1A29DD46852576B2006B5A17/$File/40-Modicon-EN.pdf

Thanks! I will check it out. So far I figured out they communicate through a Modicon Brdige/Mux NW-BM85-000. I just cant physically locate the device. thanks for your help.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Writng a FB in ST on Beckhoff TC for a pulser which turns on and off on a cycle, is paused by turning bControlInput to FALSE, but resumes...
Replies
Views
So to start off: I have no experience with PLC's, but I'm good at figuring stuff out, but I need some help to know if my PLC is just dead in the...
Replies
Views
Dear all, First of all thanks for letting me join this forum. I just need some help in one of my programming exercises. Being a beginner...
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect to SLC5/03 using an FTDI usb to rs232 with female to female converter at 1 end... however I can not connect to it ... the...
Replies
Views
First time poster here so long story short i built my own trainer at work so i could toy around with various things and test things and learn...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom