SLC 5/05 "program not compatible with processor

dclark

After establishing comm's with the 5/05 processor via RSlinx classic, I tried to download a simple XIC and OTE program and the processor responded with "programe not compatible with processor". Has anyone experienced this and could you help me resolve this?

Welcome to the forum.

In RSloigx500 double click on the controller properties in the project tree on the left hand side of your screen. Make sure you have the correct type processor selected for your program.

Last edited:
Let's get the obvious out of the way first.....

Are you using RSLogix 500 and if so, what version is it? The RSLogix 5 software looks identical but is "not compatible".
When you attempt to download, are you going to the Comms menu and then selecting System Comms and then clicking on the specific SLC to download to or are you using another method?

OG

Ok...the processor version is L552B 32k rev.c I have tried download from pull down menu (top left next to Force etc..) and from Comms menu. my processor is correct under controller properties. For I/O configuration is correct after "read I/O configuration". I just wrote another simple one rung XIC and OTE program and it worked. Fault light off Run light on, all is good. I saved the project and wrote another identical rung but addressed 1 bit different on both, Tried to download ( both ways and same thing "program not compatible with processor". The I quit that program and tried to download the first one that did work and now...same thing..."program not compatible with processor". Any Thoughts?

Ok, from the Comms menu, do NOT select Download and most certainly do NOT select it from the Online toolbar (where Force status is displayed). Select System Comms. This will bring up a window similar to the RSLinx Who Active window. Select your RSLinx driver on the left side of the window and then click on the controller on the right hand side. Then click the Download button.

OG

Ok...First attempt to download resulted in the following" fault code 0001h.. default program loaded due to NVRAM error..a corrupt crc was detected
Cannot go online from default processor..you must perform download
second attempt same... third attempt ok. Any thoughts?