FactoryTalk View ME to SE Migration

Do you want to move just a few screens or are you trying to move the entire application?

If you are moving a few screens, then just go to your new SE application and right click n the Displays editor and select Add Component. Then browse to the folder containing the screens and select them.

If you want to import the application it can be done differently depending on if you are doing an SE Local versus Network application. For Local, create a new application and select Import. If working with a network application, right click on the application (or an area folder) and select Add a New Server and select the HMI Server. Then, I think it is again called Import.

When importing an ME application you will no get your RSLinx Enterprise shortcuts as part of the import. Those must be re-created.

OG

There are plenty of "gotchas" while doing this conversion...

32590 - FactoryTalk View ME to FactoryTalk View SE Conversion
Access Level: TechConnect

Have fun!

Regards,
George