s7-400 function modules and communicaton difference

muds

hi all,,!

i want to know that what is difference between function module and communication processor..
i just want to use simple i/0 modules and cpu s7-400 , n interface to my computer n nothing else,

thnks in adavance.

u mean i didnt need IM and communication modules? just use PS,cpu i/o modules,,,? and can i connect my PC to cpu for proramming without these modules?
thanks

muds said:
u mean i didnt need IM and communication modules? just use PS,cpu i/o modules,,,?
For a single rack, you just need the backplane rack, PSU, CPU and I/O modules.

muds said:
and can i connect my PC to cpu for proramming without these modules?
You can program the CPU by its onboard ports. Btw, chose a CPU with onboard PN port.