Read_Var , Write_Var Simulation

Thank you and sorry for my late reply !
I was hoping for a READ_VAR simulation , so I can understand how the last 4 bytes (management parameters) work .More specifically the activity bit .
Could you tell me when this bit goes on , off and for how long ?

Thank you

Have you had a look in the help file? If I remember correctly its called the "GEST management array"

Have you looked at using io scanning
Just fill out a table with where the data is coming from/going to and job done. No extra coding required
You must be using a NOE module for this to be available in an M340

an NOE module costs nearly as much as the CPU so I don't always get to have one depending on how critical the data coming in over modbus is.

the other downside of the NOE module is that you have to rebuild all in order to modify the IO scanning table, whereas with the FBs you can build online changes

Heres an extract from the help file
So the activity bit stays 1 as long as the communication is active correct?

@Geoffc : unfortunately I don't have real hardware and I can only work with a simulator (Unity for example) .I am still learning and this is my only resource.. The program I am using as example uses an ETY210 module .

@VON_hydro: Thank you for the links. There are useful attachments on the second one.I will check them in more detail later on and post back if I am still missing something!

As always ,I really appreciate your help !

What happens if I manually reset the status bit? Will the READ_VAR start all over again ?

Yes it will start, but error information is not correct if you manually reset bit. (Gest parameters don't show that communication is stopped because of timeout etc.)