allen bredly compatible solution

muds

hi all,,!

i want to replace my allen bredly pannelview550 with other local HMI. is there any solution to use same protocols of slc5/04 to other HMI..?

thanks in advance,,!

thanks for reply!

can any one tell which wientek or other HMI support DH+ communicaton?
or any other way to communicate with slc 5/04 cpu,allen bredly.

thanks in adavnce.

Archie u mean i can use serial port of slc 5/04 as DF1 communicatioin with HMI ?
or can i use rs232 communication between hmi and cpu?

Using the same serial programming cable connected from a computer to the SLC 5/04 processor.

AdvancedHMI is free so its easy to give it a quick try since it will run from any computer with Windows 7. Use the DF1Com driver. Make sure RSLinx is completely shut down because it will keep hold of the serial port and not allow AdvancedHMI to get access to it.

DF1 is a serial protocol. Used with CH0 port (RS232) on the SLC5/04 CPU.
So yes, you can use it to connect a PC with the SLC5/04 CPU.

I think that C-more used to make panels with DH+ support. But they dont sell them anymore. I think that there exists no 3rd party panels for DH+ these days.
You can still get DH+ capable panels from RA, but they are expensive.

One alternative to DF1 and DH+ is to replace the SL5/04 for SLC5/05 and go ethernet. That opens up for many possibilities, also panels from 3rd party vendors.

Archie ,! u mean same serial programming cable can connect my slc5/04 to wiente hmi (rs232)?

Jesper..!thats right,,,but i want to switch to other product of hmi repalcing ab 2711-b5a5...but m not clear how i connect slc5/04 to wientek hmi that can communicate with it.

You can use a DH+ Gateway with any HMI, either DH+ to serial or DH+ to ethernet. There are a number of companies that offer these, like SoftPLC and Equustek.

Archie ,! u mean same serial programming cable can connect my slc5/04 to wiente hmi (rs232)?
No, Archie is not talking about Weintek. His "AdvancedHMI" is a software program that allow you to develop your own HMI using a computer terminal. If you have the time and ability, then it is a great solution. If you need a packaged, off-the-shelf solution, look elsewhere.

If you need DH+ because the serial port is not available, you can use a Gateway. SoftPLC has one called a Smart Gateway that converts DH+ to Ethernet or Modbus/DF1 serial so you can use any HMI. Very cost effective compared to other DH+ gateway options. http://softplc.com

I recommend putting the 5/04 on Ethernet through its serial port with a Digi One IAP protocol and signal converter. then you will have ethernet connectivity to the SLC for other purposes in addition to a nearly unlimited number of HMI choices going forward. The swap to a 5/05 could then be postponed or averted altogether.