creating Conveyor Checkwiegher

Nigasai

Hi All,

I have this project whereby we will create/manufacture a Conveyor loadcell for Chicken. The average weight most likely is about 900 grams to 1.2 kilograms, Programming wise i can handle it, but im not to sure structural and mechanical designing. The Throughput would be 56Meat/min.

I hope somebody here can give some Idea and recommend type of Loadcell with high accuracy. also can have some good mechanical design.

cheers,

Ganie

In my experience doing stuff like this when you are not specialized in the mechanicals will cause you and the customer a lot of headaches. You can still do the programming but get a company involved for the mechanical side of things

Thanks Buddy, This is my fear .. Any company you recommend?.. or can be contacted for the design?.. we can pay for the cost..

cheers,

Ganie

Why not contact someone like Metler Toledo.

They do this sort of thing day in, day out.

IMHO there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.

Cheers

Mark

Why not contact someone like Metler Toledo.

They do this sort of thing day in, day out.

IMHO there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.

Cheers

Mark

Noted Mark, I already have thier prices and it cost me the whole project cost for a single checkweigher. we just try to explore, i done this before but it was 25Kg and it works..

thanks

ganie

Check out Rice Lake Weighing systems. They make a better machine for cheaper than Toledo. I've used several myself.

I once replaced the controls on a Metler Toledo Checkmate inline case check weigher with a Compactlogix, load cell module from Hardy Instruments and a powerflex drive for the belt. I used a G306 for the HMI. The mechanical design of that little conveyor was not rocket science. They used ball mounts for each corner to allow the frame to rest evenly on four load cells while isolating much of the vibration. The gearmotor drive was nothing special and was also suspended on the conveyor frame. Jackbolts at each corner set the "pre-load" on each cell to distribute the weight evenly. I used the HI IQ summing board so it was easy to set the corner leveling by watching the individual load cell values on the screen while you turned the screws.

I would bet you can find a used Checkmate or similar frame already designed for the task. You don't want to try to debug a mechanical design and a 1st off control system all at the same time if you can avoid it. With that said, using the HI weigh module with its features, I would bet I could turn about any old clanky conveyor into a fairly decent weigh belt.