One more Analog input

Tom@Pton

I have an ML1400 connected to a Cmore HMI via a local network. We need to monitor one more motor's current. Is there a stand alone device that would communicate with the HMI or 1400 via this network? With the stipulation that it be a bit more cost effective than a new input card for the 1400.

For Display only you could use a 3 pole relay. Connect 1AI Signal to N.O. Contacts and 1 AI Signal to N.C. Contacts. Then Hook Commons To AI INPUT. Then Toggle Relay to get reading from each. Programming would be required to capture values and send to HMI.

ML1400 expansion analog is not expensive. List price on a 1762-IF4 is $375. Chances are your distributor has a discount structure and you can get one for less. You will spend more money and time fussing around with a less than desirable solution. Just do it right.

If you are OK buying new but with the factory package seal broken you can get one for under 250 bucks here.

Last edited:
I have a small CLICK I could have used if needed, but we were leaning to just a small current switch as an input. We went back today with meters, wrenches, and a little time. Tightened the leg belt, adjusted a deflector plate, and timed the process. Process warrants neither now.