slc 5/02 programming cable

lobo_0303

i have a slc 5/02, but i'm not sure wich software to use (i have both rslogix 500 and 5000) but the main problem is that i dont have the cable, i searched online and the cable is supposed to be the "1747 uic".

Is there a way to build it? i dont want to buy it because i'm just need to get the information and i'm going to replace it, so i'm just going to use it 1 or 2 times.

thank you.

i think i have one of those rs232/rs485 but how do i know wich wire goes where. i mean the Serial side its obvious but i would like to know how is the connnection in the rs485 side.

Just buy what you need from GeniusInTraining. You will be much happier and the great advantage is that it will work.

If you have one (RS485 adapter) and you MUST have a real serial port on your PC..

If you are using Windows XP with service pack 3, read this http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=63919

If you have Windows XP sp2 or earlier then the cable pin outs below should work fine with a RS232/RS485 adapter

On the RJ45
T- to pin 2
T+ to pin 1
GND to pin 5

CAUTION: there is 24v on the CPU

If you want to make the complete thing see below

1747PIC.jpg

I Miss Lancie1 as well,

Just gonna say, get your cable as well, i use it time to time still, and as you said it works....

it been a while but I thought the 5/02 was 9 pin DIN port
the default on that is RS232 a null modem will work
you can change the com configuration to AB485 network
the pic is RJ45 same as ethernet plug it AB485 network
for SLC500 bricks

The 5/01 and 5/02 only have the RJ45 socket which is DH485 and can smoke a PC NIC if you mistake it for ethernet. The 5/03 has both the RJ45 DH485 port and a 2nd RS232 port that is a DB9 Female.

By the way, I have a pile of Mark's cables and I use them almost every day.

rockwell-1747-l524.jpg

Last edited: