Problems simulating an AOI on RS Emulator

Dera bsee

Hello all,

I'm having problems with an AOI variable. I'm testing my program and have a tag named for instance Scaled_Value from an add on instruction in which I scaled a level transmitter analog signal. My problem is that when I try to Mov a value into the Scaled_Value tag, it doesn't insert my new set point. I tried writing a value as a reading of the analog signal to the add on instruction so it can scale it and give me the output to see if that would help out but I didn't. I don't have an actual plc to test my program until next week and I'm using the MOV instruction rather than creating a simple HMI program to insert my setpoints since I don't think the RS Emulator would work with Inductive Automation's Ignition software or could I??? Hope my question was clear and would appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much! 🍻

The Add-On Instruction probably is not going to like having some value suddenly appear (not inserted at the programmed insertion point or variable).
I tried writing a value as a reading of the analog signal to the add on instruction so it can scale it
That might work IF you used a value in the correect input range AND you removed the analog input from that part of the program, so that it was not conflicting with your "writing a value".

Last edited: