need to know the bit and word adress being used in tp270

harrydeharry

Dear all,
We are using a TP270 6" in our machine we dont have the original back up of the touch panel having two problems.
1) m trying to upload the backup with prosave and its getting disconnected every time in the middle and asking to check communication cable etc. I am using direct model cable bot side 9 pic d connector RS232. what cud b the problem.
2) is there any mathod to know that the which bit or data work being address through touch panel. as we dont have the original back up the touch panle.

thank in advance for your help.

Do you have the source code for the PLC (not the HMI) ?

If so, you can analyse the screen contents and find the relevant addresses in the PLC.
When you have found a candidate for an address you can monitor it online with a VAT table to see if it behaves as the value on the TP270.
In that way you can reverse-engineer the TP270 program.

A lot of work, but not impossible.