RSView SE Alarming

modicon2

M
I'm running RSViewSE Server on a HMI Server PC located in a rack room.
I've got 2 PCs running RSViewSE Client in the control room.
(Version 3.10.00) If more info is required, please let me know.

The alarm bell only sounds on the HMI Server box.
I need audible alarms on the operator consoles (RSView Client) machines.

The little bit of tech help I've received led me in the direction of using an PLC output to external Bell method or using VBcode to play sound on Client Stations (but unable to provide any VBcode).

Anybody else having this problem?
Any help/suggestion/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm still confused on why it is so difficult to get an Operator Station to have audible alarms.

Thanks!!!

You could add a MS MediaPlayer Component into the project then start it with VB. This would let you play a different mp3 depending on the alarm.