Schneider Electric Analog Module TM2AMM6HT

dwpang

Hi, just thinking if the analog output (configured at 4-20 mA) of the Schneider Electric analog module TM2AMM6HT, is a passive or active signal?

Meaning if I connect the analog output to a receiver (input 4-20 mA), should i wire it directly (active), or with an external power supply (passive)?

Thank you.

hi osmanmom, thanks for the link back.

I have my reasons for asking such a question.

When i connected the analog output to Schneider Electric VFD, it is straightforward. 4-20 mA direct output, no need of any looping power.

However, when i connected the analog output to a totalizer (diff brand), the so-called active 4-20 mA analog output is not shown in the totalizer.
Don't worry about whether the totalizer is faulty, I have checked with a mA calibrator.

To check whether it is passive or active, I can simply test for 24VDC across the terminals.

But my doubt is why I encounter passive and active signals from the same analog module.

Because the module itself has 24 VDC power supply to it, is it really an external power supply that supply power for purposes of sourcing loop power to loop powered instruments?

Thanks.