Contactless card reader on PLC

AmerK

Hello all,

I have iCLASS contactless card reader HID R10 6100 (fig. 1) and i want to connect it to a Schneider PLC (m238). I've never used it before and i need directions where and what to search for. :)

Card reader use Wiegand protocol (pigtail cable). So, I'm wondering is there a way to connect it to PLC? I have found some Wiegand to RS485 / RS232 convertors, does anyone have experience with them, would it work?

Or, if there is a better solution with some other card readers or other way to communicate, please be free to advise me?

Best reagards.

fig 1:
Hid-iclass-R10-smart-card-Reader-6100-mumbai-1431186020-1405131903.jpeg

Similar Topics

Hello PLCs.net! I have a sliding table controlled by a servo. The coupling on this servo is not reliable and we need to reteach the positions the...
Replies
Views
I need to take temperature measurments of the bearings of some vibrating screens. In the past we used common type K thermocouples but they have a...
Replies
Views
Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card Offset & Gain Adjustment Entering Adjustment Mode 1. Set the input card in adjustment mode (Turn ON Dip SW No-1)...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Has any of you tried to change the IP Gateway of the PLC (of course, essentially of the ENBT card), while in a redundant configuration...
Replies
Views
What happens if you power up a 1783-MS10T with a Compact Flash card from a 1783-MS06T? Does it work, but with the "extra" ports unconfigured? If...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom