RSLogix5000: Assigning Slots

smittylsr4

Good evening! Doing some programming for a Compactlogix PLC and have what seems to be a silly question about assigning slot numbers. For example the CPU sits in slot 0, I have 3 input modules a power supply and two output modules. If I place the 3 input modules after the CPU (slots 1-3) and the power supply after the input modules does the power supply count as slot 4 or should the output module placed after the power supply be assigned slot 4?

Appreciation in advanced.

It's actually a great question.

CompactLogix power supplies don't communicate with the controller over the data bus, so they don't have a Slot number.

Your system will be:

Slot 0 CompactLogix CPU
Slot 1 Input Module
Slot 2 Input Module
Slot 3 Input Module
Power Supply
Slot 4 Output Module
Slot 5 Output Module