BSL to Panelview Plus

khtruong0615

I'm tracking cookies flow inside an oven and want to display that on panelview plus. I use BSL and be able to know where are my products and where are gaps inside the oven by looking at PLC program, but in Factory Talk Studio I can not find any object to do this job. I like to show the whole length of BSL on the screen so product=1 and no product =0. Has anyone done this before please advise. Thank you.

I have made shift register displays by putting a row of numbers across the screen 1-31 Then place a rounded rectangle object behind the number and use the animation of the object to be visible when shift bit is true. For that matter you can animate the number itself or any text you want to use. The Color option under the Animation property would work for that purpose. If you select the color animation you can set line color and fill color according to the Bit or Tag you place in the expression. There are a couple of options to get to the Animation property. Select the object on the display you wish to animate and then Right Click or select Animation from the tool bar.

Mine is 70' long and I want to display by foot so I would have to create 70 objects and 70 tags. Is there a different way like a bar graph with bit array? Maybe like a rectangle with 70 bits and up and down base on bit status and location.

I feel your pain I did not like make 30 plus objects. But it can go fairly quickly. If you make them in sets of 10. Make 10 objects of your choice with animation. Create a new untitled display. Copy and Paste your 10 objects onto the untitled display. use edit select all. then use the tag subsitution feature to replace tags. So if you use DINT_Tag.0-.9 then you can search DINT_Tag. and Replace DINT_Tag.1 Now just created 10-19 with one replace command. Now copy paste those back to the original display. Now repeat Search DINT_Tag.1 and Replace with DINT_Tag.2 this will make 20-29 you can get to 69 fairly quickly. If you made a BOOL[70] the search and replace will work with that also you do not have to search and replace the whole Tag. You can get away with BOOL[ and replace BOOL[1

I gave your problem a little more thought and came up with this. see attached

The Oven Display is a subroutine file you can import. It will convert DINT Shift bits into String. That way you can Just Display string which will mirror image your Shift bits. example: 11100011101110111

I also attached the excel sheet i use to make subroutine.

good luck with your project!

I have not done string in display before so I'm kind of lost. I'm getting data from a SLC5/05 and display it on a panelviewPlus so I think I can use bits straight from the BSL without copy them to an integer. I will just have to break it down to 7 section and 10 bits in 1 section then animate them. It would be nice if there are some easier solutions but then that would take all the fun away. Thank you for your info.

Sorry I did not think of asking what processor. The subroutine is for a Control Logix 5000 Platform not a SLC.