Using VBA in Factory Talk SE to Write/Read Serial Port

TonytheEE

Hey All!

I have a job where I need to send data to a printer and a bagger, both of which run independently, but get parameters from a screen connected by a serial cable.

I'm looking to build an HMI in FT SE to take the place of both of those screens, as well as run their PLC (A CTC 2600. I don't want to get into it...). I'd rather not try to run VB scripts on the computer because this upgrade may very well get applied to other PCs and I'd like the scripting to be robust and not depend on installing extra resources.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience making VBA send strings Using FTSE? Is there any way I can execute VBA on FTME as it would be cheaper.

Thanks,

Tony

Similar Topics

Good morning everybody. I am having an issue with my computer memory running high and I was hoping someone has had a similar issue or knows a...
Replies
Views
Using VBA I am trying to assign a value to my HMI tags. The tag name is Alarm_TM. Once this tag value is set to 1, this triggers an animation on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can someone guide me through how to use FactoryTalk SE VB script to open communication with SQL Server? which command I can use? Are there...
Replies
Views
Hello Every one, I need a help on vba code for getting data from MSSQL server 2014 to display in FTview SE client version 12 . Thanks. Please...
Replies
Views
Hi, how can i use a defined Tag in HMI Tags (for exampele dintTag ) in VBA code by a display. i am using FactoryTalk SE thanx
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom