Lenord & Bauer SSI-encoder

Plc_User

I have an SSI-encoder Lenord and Bauer : type : GEL235SG1600EES30.
Properties are : SSI 16 bit (supply voltage 10-30V), gray-coded, clock frequency of up to 2 MHz,
minimum clock pulse space of 16 μs must be met.
Some info is in the attachment
First of all it is not completly clear to me if it strictly an SSI-signal, or if the sincos-signals (see attachment) also should be evaluated?
What if I connect the SSI-data and clock signals, but not the sincos-signals?
What use should the sincos-signals have in this case, if I already have a 16bit SSI-signal? Could it stil increase resolution (specification for sincos is : 64 periods per resolution)?

LB SSI.jpg

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have an application coming up where I have a motor that runs forward or backward to adjust the linear position of a machine component...
Replies
Views
I have an application where I need a single SSI encoder to connect to both a safety controller (SICK Flexi Soft) and a general-purpose PLC...
Replies
Views
I'm being asked to bid a control system using Siemens S7-1500 controllers, which I don't have any experience with. The digital, analog, and...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, I am trying to use an SSI encoder for the first time and having problems getting any data from it. I am using a 1738-SSIM23 Armorblock...
Replies
Views
hi. i have a AB PLC5 communicating to a Control Techniques Unidrive SP via MODBUS. the Unidrive is connected to an absolute encoder via SSI. the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom