program access denied

rejoe.koshy

hi guys,
I have a problem in viewing the logic after I have uploaded it from a controller.None of the routines are accessible & displays a message which says "access protected from user".I cant even save the program to my PC.I am using a micrlogix 1200 PLC & rs logix 500 programming software.

Pls help me to find a way out.

The image of the screen that appears is attached.

Can you tell me exactly where in the program do I put in the password?

Can i save the program to my PC without the password?If yes, how?

in this particular case, it's not really a "password" that you can enter ...

this is an example of the "OEM Lock" protection scheme ... (Original Equipment Manufacturer) ... you need an exact copy of the RSS project file – and you need to put it on your programming computer in the directory that RSLogix500 is using to store its projects ...

basic idea:

in this protection scheme, the RSS file acts something like a "key" which will unlock the controller and let you see the logic inside it ... RSLogix500 looks for the file/key – and if it isn't present, then you'll get the message that you're seeing ...

you can read more about this subject by going to the "Protection" tab in a temporary dummy file – and read the Help information about the "Deny Future Access" bit – S:1/14 ...

short story:

you need a copy of the original MATCHING project file (RSS extension) in order to open this one up ...

Can i save the program to my PC without the password?

I'm not sure about the answer to that question ... try clicking File/Save and see ... (personally I doubt that you can - but I'll have to wait till I get to the lab to try it out) ...

Last edited: