FTV equivalent for rsview32 QueryForTags

awilcox0000

I'm porting an RSView32 application to FactoryTalk SE and need to deal with the use of QueryForTags in the RSView32 app. Does anyone know of an equivalent in FactoryTalk? The RSView code creates a taggroup and populates it using the QueryForTalks method. I could use the TagGroup.Add method and individually load the tags, but that's a lot of typing.

Here's the code snippet from RSView32:

Dim oTanksAvailable As TagGroup
Dim oRecipeName As TagGroup

Set oTanksAvailable = gTagDb.QueryForTags("Functions\TankParameters\Available\*")

Set oRecipeName = gTagDb.QueryForTags("TankData\Tank*\BatchData\RecipeName")

Welcome to FTView -
Nope, no such method exists. Just open the help, look up TagGroup. That shows all methods, events, and properties for the object.
Get ready for a lot of typing, and a lot of frustration. FTView is about the worst HMI software ever slapped together. It is so bad, Rockwell should be giving it away for free to try to entice people to use it (and even at that, I doubt many would).