HMI Delay

Tom@Pton

I am using a ML1400 via a local network with a C-More HMI.
The operator has stated a couple times now that the indicators on the HMI do not always show ON when they should. Another vendors system and my Flow rate indicate motors are running. The monitored inputs from the PLC would have to be on before the rate calculations are made, or are supposed to be. I have not seen the problem myself, but I have no reason to doubt what he says. Any thought about what may be happening in my programming?

Well shucks, I saw the delay. An indicator was supposed to blink while a timer was enabled. It was and it did not, for a few seconds.

Next try, everything worked.

What do you have going on in the HMI? ie: trending, intense graphics, rotating graphics, data transfers, remote access, etc.
These things can all drag the comms way down. Also, how many tags are on the screen (roughly)?
Are you using an EA7 or EA9? What screen size?

Approx. 58 tags on current screen
Trending every 5 seconds 16 addresses different screens
No remote access as yet
Text, Email &/or data on alarm
EA7-T8C

Approx. 58 tags on current screen
Trending every 5 seconds 16 addresses different screens
No remote access as yet
Text, Email &/or data on alarm
EA7-T8C

Are the tags contiguous?
If not, then the screen has to make the request, and then wait for a response for each individual tag, (plus for any tags for the trending) which can eat a lot of processing power at both ends, as well as major delays in response.

I try to set aside a block of memory in the PLC for discrete bits, and then another block for registers, so that the most data possible can be transferred in one request.