GX Works 2 daily maintenance

swedeleaner

Hey guys!

Just got assigned to a new project involving a Mitsubishi FX3G, programmed in GX Works 2.

I´m trying to do a maintenance cycle that should be executed at the same time every day or week. I´ve looked at the function HOUR i´m not sure that is what im lookin for.

Is there a function that can call a specific time every day, lets say 2:00 every night?

Or is there any other good way to execute tasks at a specific time?

Hey guys!

Just got assigned to a new project involving a Mitsubishi FX3G, programmed in GX Works 2.

I´m trying to do a maintenance cycle that should be executed at the same time every day or week. I´ve looked at the function HOUR i´m not sure that is what im lookin for.

Is there a function that can call a specific time every day, lets say 2:00 every night?

Or is there any other good way to execute tasks at a specific time?

I haven't worked with the FX3G, but the FX3U has a real time clock you can reference. Once the RTC is set, simply compare the special register containing the hour with a constant of 2 to trigger your function.

You will have to check the manual to see if your PLC has a RTC.

-Dave

Are you using a HMI on this project? Personally I find that the Mitsubishi FX RTC is not as accurate as most HMI's are. Many HMI's have this function build in (set a flag in the PLC at a particular time). They usually also automatically adjust for Daylight Saving Time - just a thought

Thanks a bunch Dave!!!

The PLC have a real time clock, and found the registers I were looking for.
Just a question, declaring a constant in GX works is done by assigning "K2"?

It seemed to work, but just want to be sure it´s correct.

twocozz, i have no HMI connected to this PLC.

Sorry for the late reply!

Thanks a bunch Dave!!!

The PLC have a real time clock, and found the registers I were looking for.
Just a question, declaring a constant in GX works is done by assigning "K2"?

It seemed to work, but just want to be sure it´s correct.

twocozz, i have no HMI connected to this PLC.

Sorry for the late reply!

No problem, and yes a k in front of a value is a constant.

-Dave